1982 Militaria Forum

special forces webbing

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 24/12/2013, 19:37

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Magnífica colección de cinturones!!! Se nota el ingenio y modificaciones para una rápida apertura muy necesaria para tropas SF. Los 58 modificados, la verdad que son magníficos todos.
Muchas gracias por compartir tan fantástica colección. ¿Ahora que hago cuando mire mi simple cinturón 58? Ja, ja.

Saludos.
LMV

Magnificent collection of belts!!! One notices the ingenuity and modifications for a rapid opening very necessary for troops SF. The 58 modified ones, the truth that they they all are magnificent. Thank you very much for sharing so fantastic collection. Now that I do when my simple belt looks at 58? Ja, ja. Regards. LMV

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 26/12/2013, 22:11

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

view post Posted on 27/12/2013, 08:21

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

QUOTE (RAF REGIMENT GUNNER @ 24/12/2013, 15:10) 
[IMG][/IMG]

SF Type Belts

Hola RRG: estas presentando un excelente material de la tropas especiales, una increíble colección y muy bien documentada por fotos. Gracias por este toread tan sorprendente e instructivo.
Solo una pregunta, que diferencia existe entre el cinturón P-58 para las tropas regulares y el P-58 para las Fuerzas Especiales que muestras en ultimo lugar en la foto?
HHD

Hi RRG: you are showing an excellent material from the SF, incredible collection and well documented by pics, Thanks for this amazing and instructive thread.
Just a question, what difference exist between the standard belt P-58 for regular troops and the SF P-58 belt that you are showing in last place in the picture?
HHD

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 27/12/2013, 13:32

[IMG][/IMG]

44 PATTERN WATER BOTTLES , a very popular item for special forces as well as Paras and some Marines

[IMG][/IMG]

1st Type bottle (metal cap ) 2nd Type bottle (rubber cap)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Edited by RAF REGIMENT GUNNER - 27/12/2013, 13:53

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 27/12/2013, 18:08

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

view post Posted on 28/12/2013, 00:11

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Que magnífico Post también este último, Ollie, la cantimplora 44 me gustó mucho siempre y llevas toda la razón en que su uso también se extendió durante el conflicto a los Paras, no sabía lo de los RM.
La colección es estupenda y además aprendí gracias a ti el uso del pequeño bolsillo interior. No conocía en absoluto el elementos tipo bolsa para filtrar el agua.
Muy buenas las fotos también, parece ser la misma secuencia que conocí en las revistas Cuerpos de Elite.
Muchas gracias.
LMV

That magnificent Post also the latter, the canteen 44 I liked Ollie much always and you take the whole reason in which his use also spread during the conflict to You them Stop, it did not know it of the RM. The collection is marvellous and in addition I learned thanks to you the use of the small interior pocket. The elementos did not know by no means type bag to leak the water. Very good the photos also, the same sequence seems to be that I knew in the magazines Bodies of Elite. Thank you very much.
LMV

view post Posted on 1/1/2014, 16:06

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Hola RRG: continuas con un excelente thread, cada vez mejor!
Queria preguntarte si en esta foto tomada el 2 de Abril en las Islas: los pouches que se ven en el suelo abajo a la derecha, junto a un fusil a cerrojo seguramente civil, corresponden a estas variantes de las SF que nos estas mostrando.
Saludos

HHD

Hi RRG: you are continuously showing an excellent thread, much better each time!
I wanto to ask you about this pic taken the April 2th of 1982 in the Islands: the pouches that we can see at the floor on the lower right corner, just behind to the civilian bolt rifle, correspond to the SF pouches that we are discussed in this thread.
Cheers

HHD

0y3d

view post Posted on 1/1/2014, 22:53

Group:

Hola HHD,

Mi primer puesto por un tiempo debido a una enfermedad familiar. Un amigo Royal Marine me dice que estos eran conocidos como 'IS' bolsas, bolsas de "seguridad interna". Se utiliza en Irlanda del Norte, así como en el Lejano Oriente y Oriente Medio por unidades británicas.

La foto de abajo muestra estas bolsas en el 2 de abril, muy probablemente el mismo par

He tomado nota de dos fabricantes diferentes de estas bolsas. Esto indicaría que se produjo un número considerable. Al parecer muy difícil de usar cuando está mojado, por lo que la extracción de cargador difícil.
Los Royal Marines que se muestran en la foto eran del NP8901 destacamento de reemplazo recién llegado.

Saludos

Paul

Hi HHD,

My first post for a while due to family illness. A Royal Marine friend tells me that these were known as 'IS' pouches, 'Internal Security' pouches. Used in Northern Ireland as well as in the Far East and Middle East by British units.

The photo below shows these pouches on the 2nd April, very likely the same pair.

4a58c49a9a841dbfa4059f4f75582ad3

839b846d6ca527dc8001265c935bedd8

I have noted two different manufacturers of these pouches. This would indicate that a substantial number were produced. Apparently very difficult to use when wet, making the extraction of magazines difficult.
The Royal Marines shown in the photo were from the newly arrived replacement detachment NP8901.

Regards

Paul

view post Posted on 2/1/2014, 01:47

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Hi 43rdRecce: I know about your family illness, and I hope all it's OK.
Thanks for your information!
Cheers

HHD

Hola 43rdRecce: sabia de tu rpoblema de salud familiar y espero que todo este OK.
Gracias por la información
Saludos
HHD

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 2/1/2014, 13:17

Hi HHD , wishing you a happy new year + Hi Paul ,I hope 2014 is a better year for you and yours .
HHD your photos are most interesting . I will try to add to Paul,s post a little . Maybe you
could once again translate ,as I have lost all faith in google translate !!!

Here are some more period pictures + two maker variations of the pouches . I feel they are quite an early item dating from at least the Borneo period and probably made in that area, possible Singapore . Like many items of equipment they have remained in stores for years . I can well imagine them being called IS pouches or ,,puches ,, in RM speak .I have found quite a few pictures now of them in use but only SAS or RM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Edited by RAF REGIMENT GUNNER - 2/1/2014, 14:19

view post Posted on 2/1/2014, 18:20

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Hola RRG: gracias por tus deseos! de la misma manera para vos!
En la foto del 2 de Abril de 1982, creo estar viendo un par de estos portacargadores con la tapa sin las extensiones laterales como aquellos que vimos en las fotografías que subiste. Podrian ser una variante de aquellos?
Intentare traducirte:

Hi RRG: Thanks for your wishes! in the same way for you!
In the picture of the April 2 of 1982, I think seeing a pair of "IS" pouches with the flap w/o lateral extensions like those saw in your pictures. Could be a variant of those?
I will try to translate for you:

"Aqui tenemos algunas fotos de la época donde vemos dos variantes de diferentes fabricantes de los portacargadores.
Yo creo que ellos son de los mas primitivos, por lo menos la época de Borneo y quizá hechas en esa área, posiblemente en Singapur. Asi como muchos elementos del equipo, estos tambien han permanecido almacenado por muchos años.
Creo imaginar que se llamaban "IS pouches" (portacargadores IS) o directamente "pouches" (portacargadores) en el decir de los RM. He encontrado varias fotos de su uso pero solo por los SAS o RM."

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 2/1/2014, 19:02

QUOTE (Hard Hat Diver @ 2/1/2014, 18:20) 
Hola RRG: gracias por tus deseos! de la misma manera para vos!
En la foto del 2 de Abril de 1982, creo estar viendo un par de estos portacargadores con la tapa sin las extensiones laterales como aquellos que vimos en las fotografías que subiste. Podrian ser una variante de aquellos?
Intentare traducirte:

Hi RRG: Thanks for your wishes! in the same way for you!
In the picture of the April 2 of 1982, I think seeing a pair of "IS" pouches with the flap w/o lateral extensions like those saw in your pictures. Could be a variant of those?
I will try to translate for you:

"Aqui tenemos algunas fotos de la época donde vemos dos variantes de diferentes fabricantes de los portacargadores.
Yo creo que ellos son de los mas primitivos, por lo menos la época de Borneo y quizá hechas en esa área, posiblemente en Singapur. Asi como muchos elementos del equipo, estos tambien han permanecido almacenado por muchos años.
Creo imaginar que se llamaban "IS pouches" (portacargadores IS) o directamente "pouches" (portacargadores) en el decir de los RM. He encontrado varias fotos de su uso pero solo por los SAS o RM."

Gracias HHD, Just to add, the Army pronounce the word pouches ,,,powches,, the Royal Marines pronounce them ,,pooches,,,, there is a huge amount of tradition within even the language of the British forces!
cheers
Ollie

RAF REGIMENT GUNNER
view post Posted on 2/1/2014, 19:47

[IMG][/IMG]
SAS Malaya/Borneo

Edited by RAF REGIMENT GUNNER - 2/1/2014, 20:10

view post Posted on 3/1/2014, 00:48

Advanced Member

Group:
Administrator

Hola a los compañeros.
43rdRecce y RRG, felicitaciones por estas magníficas piezas que nos están mostrando. Excelente material!!! Muchas gracias a ambos por mostrarlo y compartirlo tan didácticamente.

Un saludo
LMV

Hello to the companions. 43rdRecce and RRG, congratulations for these magnificent pieces that are showing us. Excellent material!!! Thank you very much to both for showing it and to share it so didactically.
A greeting LMV

Leonhard
view post Posted on 3/1/2014, 01:18

thank you very much for all this awesome stuff you samples

Leonardo.

32 replies since 17/12/2013, 16:38   1723 views